Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Fashionable Wednesday - Supermodels


I'm a girl who loved the era of the supermodels of the 90's. For their September issue, Interview magazine are releasing 6 covers of these supermodels - Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Amber Valetta and Stephanie Seymour photographed by the amazing Mert Alas and Marcus Pigott.

 

NAOMI CAMPBELL : When I started out modelling, there weren't casting directors and there weren't stylists, so you just dealt directly with the designer. We were all much closer back then.


 

KATE MOSS : I lived in New York for seven years, although I was always in denial about it. Even though I had an apartment there, I always pretended I was just visiting. I do love New York but I am a Londoner at heart.

 

LINDA EVANGELISTA : I love everything about fashion. I used to stay with Azzedine Alaia until four in the morning, letting him stick pins into me because it was a dream.

 

CHRISTY TURLINGTON : While I haven't worked as a full-time model for about 20 years, I've always maintained a few relationships. Calvin and Maybelline are the two longest. I'm flattered by the offers I receive, but there's no real strategy to the way I choose what to do these days. If I'm in a good mood and have the time, I'm more likely to consider it. I needed to think seriously about the CK underwear campaign, because I knew it would be everywhere, and I wasn't sure I wanted to be photographed in my underwear now that I'm a mother. But I knew the images would be tasteful and I liked the idea of continuing a relationship with a brand that I grew up with.

 

AMBER VALLETTA : I wanted to be an archeologist at one point, but I was a little kid. I wanted to be a social worker. I don't think I really had any idea. I don't even know what would have happened to me had I not become a model. I don't know if I would have gotten out of Oklahoma. After the first summer modeling, I came home with almost as much money as my mom made in a year — after being away for about two months.


STEPHANIE SEYMOUR : I would like to see fewer actors modelling - or if they are going to model to the extent they are modelling, then I think models should be actors.


My favourite is Christy - not just the cover but the supermodel of all time! 
Which is your favourite?


* There is a seventh cover being Daria Werbowy, it's a stunning cover also but for me she's a 
later edition to this edition of veterans.


all images and words by Interview Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading your comments!